- Born : April-June 1861
- Married : 1888 Mary Verlanda C Serjeant at Chorlton
- Died : 7 September 1927 at Southport
- Burial : 10 September 1927 at Birkdale Cemetery, Southport
The son of John Kirkley and his second wife Mary, Henry Kirkley was born at Salford in 1861. His father, John was a successful slater and slate merchant who had been responsible for roofing a number of major buildings in Manchester during the mid-nineteenth century. By the time he was twenty, Henry was apprenticed to an unknown architect and had commenced private practice by 1890. In 1911 he was elected Licentiate of the RIBA. He appears to have retired about 1923 and does not appear in the 1924 and subsequent editions of the RIBA Kalendar. His major work was the new Central Fire Station at Albion Place Salford.
Henry Kirkley died on 7 September 1927 at his residence, 23 Fairfield Road Ainsdale Southport.
1890-1922 : Henry Kirkley, architect. Ogden Chambers, 134 Deansgate, Manchester
1871 : Pendleton
1881 : 54 Howard Street Salford
1891 : Raby Street, Moss Side
1899 : 6 Cavendish Road, Chorlton-cum-Hardy
1908 : 55, Burton Road, Withington
1901 : Cavendish Road Chorlto-cum-Hardy
1909-22 : 33 Hampton Road, Southport
1927 : 23 Fairfield Road, Ainsdale Southport (Builder 11 November 1927 Page 724)
Death Notice : Manchester Guardian 10 September 1927 page 7