Born 29 January 1875
John Eagle, the son of William Eagle (qv), was articled to Cross and Eagle, civil and mining engineers, surveyors and valuers. He appears to have received no formal architectural training. In the 1901 census his occupation is given as Land and Mineral Surveyor although by 1911 he is listed as architect and surveyor. He commenced independent practice in 1898 in partnership with his father, William Eagle and his brother, George. Partnership 1898-1904 By 1918 the practice had merged with Broughton and Atkinson under the style Broughton Atkinson Eagle and Sons with offices at 37 Brown Street, Manchester.
1903: William Eagle and Sons, surveyors valuers estate agents, 37 Brown Street Manchester
1909-1912: William Eagle and Sons, land and mineral surveyors, architects, valuers, estate agents, 37 Brown Street Manchester
1881: 6 Fairfield Square, Droylsden,
1903: John Eagle, 6 Hartley Street Higher Openshaw
1909: John Eagle, Fairfield Avenue, Droysden
1911-1914: John Eagle, “Springbank,” Fairfield Avenue, Droysden