Thomas Fish Taylor
- Born : 11 April 1798 London.
- Baptism : 6 May 1798 St Martin in the Fields.
- Died : 1863
Thomas Fish Taylor was the eldest of six children, of Robert Taylor (b. 1764, d. 13 Jun 1843) surveyor and builder and his wife Mary Tuck. He was educated at the Royal Academy Schools, London, under Sir John Soane and commenced practice at Salisbury Street, Strand, London in the 1820s. In the mid-1840s Thomas Fish Taylor and his unmarried sister, Elizabeth, moved first to Manchester and then to Derbyshire.
Thomas Fish Taylor died in 1863 in the Staffordshire County Lunatic Asylum, after 14 months of paralysis.
1820s Salisbury Street, Strand London
1830 J(sic) F Taylor 7 Salisbury Street (RA)
1840 5 Queen Street (RA)
1845-1846 Thomas Fish Taylor, 17 Pall Mall, Manchester
1847 Thomas Fish Taylor, Cromford, Derbyshire, architect and surveyor.
1848-1850 Matlock Bath, Derbyshire (with his sister Elizabeth)
1851 Chapel Hill Matlock
His brother Edward W Taylor(1801-1868) was also an architect and surveyor, and also studied with Sir John Soane at the Royal Academy Schools, London, in 1825 he emigrated to Buenos Aires, Argentina, where he built the Club del Progreso, Paseo de Julio moles, and Custom House, and for the last mentioned work he was presented by government with a gold medal. In 1853 he erected the German church, a neat Gothic structure, which earned him the Red Eagle of Prussia. Edward Taylor suffered a stroke in 1867 and died a year later.