Bakewell Railway Station
Opened 1 August 1862. Closed 6 March 1967.
The station was opened by the Midland Railway on 1 August 1862. Being the nearest station to Haddon Hall it was built in a grand style as the local station for the Duke of Rutland over whose land the line had passed. Designed by Edward Walters of Manchester, the buildings were of fine ashlar with intricate carvings which incorporated the Duke's coat of arms.