Egerton Congregational (United Reform) Church Bolton
In July, 1873, the foundation stone of the present Egerton Congregational Church was laid by the late Mr. John Hayworth, of Longworth Mills. The total cost of the building was £3,500. The church is Gothic in design, and will seat nearly 600 worshippers. The architect was the late Mr. Cunliffe. The opening services took place on August, 1874, one of the preachers being Dr. Dale.