Gruner Schmidt & Company Warehouse. 9 Lower Mosley Street
Gruner, Schmidt, and Company was a firm of German merchants, established in Manchester in 1828, the partners being Carl Otto Gruner and Johann Jakob Schmidt. They had previously occupied premises at 1 Lloyd Street. Upon the death of Schmidt in 1861, the firm was liquidated to their partner W. F. Higson.
Reference The Builder 1858: 97.
Reference Manchester Guardian 4 March 1858 page 4
Reference Builder 16 March 1872 page 201 - list of works by Edward Walters