Hassop Railway Station
Hassop Railway Station was built in 1863 by Edward Walters to serve the Devonshire family who lived at Chatsworth and was provided with a particularly ornate design. Standing in isolation about a mile south of the village from which its name was taken. Erected on the Up platform, the single-storey main building boasted fine masonry - grandeur reflecting its intended status as host station for the Duke of Devonshire, seated at nearby Chatsworth House. A First Class waiting room was provided for this purpose although, as things turned out, His Grace preferred to catch his trains at Rowsley, four miles further south.