Lych Gate Church of St James the Great Ocle Pychard Herefordshire
Ocle Pychard is a hamlet and parish near Burley Gate, in Herefordshire about 7 miles (11 km) northeast of Hereford. The medieval church of St James the Great is listed Grade II*. The lych gate, and churchyard cross together with a stained window in the south chancel were erected as memorials to the Rev. Walter Wilmot Hill M.A. vicar (1876-88).
CHURCHYARD CROSS AND LYCH GATE AT OCLE PYCHARD - The Cross and the octagonal steps upon which it stands are of Forest of Dean stone; the Lych-gate is of oak, roofed with oak shingles, the walls being of red and white stone from the Grinshill Quarries, near Shrewsbury. The work has been carried out by Mr. Robert Clarke, of Hereford. Mr. Bertram Heywood, B.A., is the architect. [Building News 17 January 1890 page 94]
Reference Building News 17 January 1890 page 94]
Reference Kelly's Directory of Herefordshire (1895)