Music Hall Cinema 30 34 Northgate Street, Chester,
Originally built in 1280, The Music Hall, Chester, which had entrances in both Northgate Street and St. Werberg Street, ran films from the early part of the twentieth century. This was on an occasional basis between lectures and concerts. In 1908 The London Animated Picture Company put in an appearance and films were screened on a regular basis from 1915, when it was known as Music Hall Pictures. In 1921, a company called Chester Music Hall (1921) Ltd. had the hall reconstructed to the designs of architects E.J. Muspratt & George E. Tonge at which time it was decided to move the screen from the St. Werberg Street end to the Northgate Street end. The Music Hall Cinema was closed by the Rank Organisation on 29th April 1961.