New Ward Extension: Manchester Babies Hospital Burnage
This building just erected, has been designed to take over the work of the existing hospital which was started some years ago in a large house adjoining. The work of the hospital has increased to such an extent that this old house was found inadequate for the purpose of a hospital and the new ward block has been built to serve the growing demand. The old house has been converted into an administrative block and nurses’ home. The general contractors were Messrs The Russell Building Company Limited of Manchester. Messrs Cruikshank and Seward are the architects.
Reference Builder 29 January 1926 page 190-192 with plan and photographs