Palace / Bootle Picture Palace, Marsh Lane, Bootle
Opened 19th October 1912, the first purpose built cinema in the district with a capacity 1,000. Closed 26th April 1958. Sold. Used as a children’s social club for a time
Beware of audience figures stated. Theatres and music halls had benched galleries, and many Assembly/ Public halls, and early cinemas, had benches in the front. The Bootle Picture Palace opened in 1912 with a capacity of 1,000. When the front stalls benches were replaced by seats, the total dropped to 722.