Picture Palace. Lord Street Southport
The Picture Palace, Southport erected at a cost of nearly £700 has a seating accommodation of nearly 900. Mr G E Tonge Lic.RIBA. Lord Street Southport was the architect and Messrs Gerrard & Sons of Swinton were the contractors. Along the front of the building is a fine café which is built over the entrance and which is approached through a beautifully furnished lounge. The front elevation has been carried out in terra cotta, the lower portion being buff and the upper portion white glazed.
The Picture Palace opened on 29th May 1911. The exterior treated in an Edwardian Baroque style. There was a highly decorated central dome feature over the entrance. The auditorium ran parallel behind the facade and had a seating capacity for 900. There was a cafe on the first floor which ran the length of the building