“Picturedrome,” Water Street and Knowles Street, Radcliffe
Located at the corner of Knowles Street and Water Street in Radcliffe, the Picturedrome opened on 4th December 1911 with a seating capacity of just over 800 seats. In 1917 it was sold by the Radcliffe Hall Picturedrome Limited to the Palace Theatre (Radcliffe) Syndicate. In 1955 it was re‑named the Rex Cinema and by the early 1960's it was screening films and running bingo sessions. In 1962 it stopped showing films and went over completely to a bingo club operation. It closed in the early 1980's and was demolished in December 1982.
Reference British Architect 26 May 1911 Page viii - contracts
Reference British Architect 2 June 1911 Page viii - contracts