St Andrew’s Chambers, 20-21 Albert Square, Manchester
Built as the offices of the Scottish Widows Fund Life Assurance Society at the corner of Albert Square and Mount Street. Part of the development of Albert Square while the Town Hall was still under construction (1868-77) and part of the group which best complemented Waterhouse’s design. Adverts in Manchester Guardian October/November 1873 for office suites suggest that the building was practically complete by this date.
Reference The Builder 17 October 1874:page 859.