St James and St Elizabeth, Bickershaw Lane, Bickershaw, (Johnson Memorial Church)
Built as a memorial to James and Elizabeth Johnson by their family, the proprietors of the Abram Coal Company. The foundation stone was laid 1904. Church opened 1905. Perspective drawing by R Knill Freeman and Son on Church web-site.
Builder R K Freeman Obituary
Reference Pevsner: Lancashire: South
Reference Pollard; Lancashire South West