St James Sutton Lane Ends near Macclesfield
An unattractive church with lancet windows and a debased tower. The lower chancel and apse were additions by C. Hodgson Fowler in 1871. The school and parsonage are of about the same period. [Pevsner] In 1860 Hayley and Son prepared drawings and sought tenders for the enlargement of Sutton Church, not recorded by Pevsner.
Reference Manchester Guardian 4 June 1842 page 1 - contracts
Reference Manchester Guardian 11 June 1842 page 1 - contracts
Reference Manchester Guardian Saturday 14 January 1860 Page 2 (Contracts) -enlargement
Reference Manchester Guardian Saturday 21 January 1860 Page 7 (Contracts) -enlargement