St Paul Wilmslow Road Withington
Built of stock brick in a neo Norman style. West tower with square pinnacles and a round arched portal, the sides with round headed lancets. Chancel with side chapels. Interior altered in 1864 by Lowe. Monument to Robert Tebbutt 1842 by Patterson & Co of Manchester.
To BUILDERS AND OTHERS – The Committee for building a New Church at Withington are prepared to receive tenders for the whole or any of the separate works. Tenders are to be sent to the office of Mr William Hayley at which place the plans and specification may be seen. [Manchester Guardian 11 July 1840 page 1]
Reference Manchester Guardian 11 July 1840 page 1
Reference Manchester Guardian 18 July 1840 page 1 - contracts