Urmston Congregational Church, Flixton Road, Urmston
This church was situated on the corner of Flixton Road and Wycliffe Road in Urmston. An older church/school on the adjacent site built in 1879-1880 to the designs of R F Tolson, was subsequently used entirely as schoolrooms. The new building was opened on 28 February 1901, but without a planned tower and spire. Because of a shortage of funds, these were never built, leaving an incongruous stump. The church was closed in 1979, and both buildings demolished shortly afterwards. [RF]
Reference Notice in Congregational Yearbook for 1901.
Information Richard Fletcher