Name

Heaton Ralph and Heaton

Designation
Architectural practice
Formation
1894
Dissolved
1912
Partner 1

Heaton and Ralph, later Heaton, Ralph and Heaton, were the most prolific of the Wigan firms of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.  They helped transform Wigan town centre using a variety of styles, harmonised by the use, predominantly, of red Ruabon brick and terracotta, but also part-timber-framed in a manner derived from John Douglas, to whom William Chasen Ralph had been assistant. The partnership effectively ended with the death of George Heaton in October 1910 after which the two remaining partners established individual practises.