The Picturedrome, Chester Road/King Street, Stretford
The Picturedome, Chester road, Stretford, erected at a cost of over £5000 has a seating capacity of nearly 1000. The architect was Mr G E Tonge Lic RIBA and Messrs. J C and F Woods of Bolton were the contractors. The auditorium is entered through a large octagonal lounge which is situated at the corner of Chester road and King street. At the front of the building are four large lock up shops over which is built the bioscope room, rewinding room etc., the whole being carried out in white glazed terra cotta.[ The Builder 26 June 1914 Page 755.]
Prominent corner dome and entrance. Closed in 1960s One floor, raked at the back. No balcony. Part of the Jackson and Newport circuit.
Reference The Builder 26 June 1914 Page 755. Illustration and plan Page 761.