Cressey and Keighley
A partnership established between Charles Cressey (1875-1966) and William Keighley (1874-1952) in Morecambe. According to the Dictionary of British Architects, he partnership was established in 1899, although Cressey was still living in Horwich at the time of the 1901 Census. Few details of this practice have been found, although they were responsible for the Clock Tower on the promenade and a bank in Market Street, Morecambe. By 1909 the partnership appears to have been struggling and both men decided to seek new independent opportunities in the Americas. Keighley emigrated to Canada in 1910. Cressey having emigrated to the United States aboard the Carmania, where he arrived on Ellis Island on 19 May 1909 before settling in California.
1904 Euston Road, Morecambe.