Elder and De Pierro
In 1952 a partnership was formed between Enrico De Pierro and Henry Elder to implement the design for a technical college at Poole, Dorset, after the competition had been won by De Pierro in 1951. It was a general practice with special interest in schools and theatres. De Pierro was trained at McGill and Michigan Universities; Elder at Manchester University. Both partners also taught. [Architectural Review January 1956. Page 73]
In 1956 the partnership carried out the Middlesbrough Little Theatre. During this period Elder produced designs for two houses on a steeply sloping site at Alderley Edge.