Preston and Vaughan
Richard Bassnett Preston started his own practice at 16 Tib Lane, off Cross Street around 1880 specialising in church architecture. Almost immediately he entered into partnership with William Arthur Vaughan. By 1883 Preston and Vaughan had moved to 24 Cross Street and were at Diocesan House 51 South King Street in 1886. They were in partnership until about 1898 when Vaughan retired.